Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Ferdinand V of Castile

Wow - I guess it took longer to get back to this than I thought! But then again, two and a half years isn't THAT bad all things considered, right? In the interim, I finished my MA and have decided to take a short break from academic life. In my last post, oh so long ago, I said that I was going to do my thesis on the Conquest of Peru. This was to compliment a major paper I wrote in the final year of my undergrad about the Conquest of Mexico. However, as the year progressed, I decided to undertake a study of the military and diplomatic strategies employed by Ferdinand V of Castile (II of Aragon) as he and his famous wife Isabel laid the foundation for what was to become the Spanish Empire. Queen's University has a number of texts from the period so I had the joy of researching one of my favourite historical personages in the original early modern Spanish. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment