Saturday, June 4, 2016

First Professional Publication!

Earlier in the year, I sent a couple of short stories to one of my favorite SF magazines, Neo-opsis. On May 26th, I received an email saying that they were interested in publishing one of them. What a thrill that was! I've had a few publications before in history and social science magazines but this is my first SF publication. The story is called "Minghua's Curse" and is a fantasy story about a young woman with psychic powers in early China. I'm not sure which issue it will be in yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing it in print. A big thank you to the people in Limestone Writer's who gave me the feedback that helped me get the story into publishable shape, and of course a big thank you to Neo-opsis. Neo-opsis is still considering the second story I sent them. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment